Wednesday, March 02, 2005

my jigsaw-piece life [draft - to be reviewed!]

Come flirt with my jigsaw-piece life.
Ignore the ragged sides, the coffee stains
Edges soggy from a toddler’s mouth
I’ve been trodden on, lost
Down the back of a sofa,
Under a bookshelf,
Sucked down the hoover pipe – fopp!
Chewed by a dog named Charlie.

Come dance with my jigsaw-piece life.
Admire the solid board of
The flat base, smooth and steady,
It’s been relied on, found
Comforting a heartbroken friend,
Holding the fort
For many a crisis – help!
I’ll let you hide in this soft embrace.

Come fit with my jigsaw-piece life.
Match up with the soggy edges, the solid foundation,
Gaze on the mottled colours.
Slot your cardboard edges into mine –
We don’t quite match up,
But the dog and the sofa, the forts we’ve held
Have softened our edges.
We’ll match up soon enough.

No comments: