Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sick

I'm a bit sick at the moment, approximately every 45 seconds a rasping sound leaves my chest, shortly followed by about ten seconds of hacking. I think this is what's known as a 'chesty cough'. It's interesting to note people's reactions. Mothers of small children in crowded tube carriages move their precious youngsters out of reach of my spluttering germs. I don't tell them that the little bundle of goodness is picking up more germs from the tube seat than from coughing commuters such as myself.

Being sick so far has changed my routine in the following ways:
  • Sleep or lack of. I've kept myself awake most of the night with my incessant coughing.
  • Benylin surely a class A substance?! I don't consider myself to have an addictive personality, but where treacley, sugar sweet, ethanol spiked cough syrup is concerned I don't trust myself.
  • Christmas cards: when I should have been out having fun like ordinary people two weeks before Christmas, I managed to make all my cards. Writing them is another matter. Hmmm. Might email everyone instead.
  • Food seems to have lost all its taste. It's seems a shame to eat it.

Anyway, when my life gets more interesting I promise to post something more exciting on this blog. Until then, excuse me while I cough my guts up.

No comments: