Friday, September 12, 2008

Grateful Friday

The autumnal weather is bright and cheerful. The nights are drawing in, but instead of feeling forlorn there's a resigned acceptance. A thought of Christmas and winter evenings curled up with a friend and a glass of wine. So, on this autumnal Friday in September I am grateful for:

1. Our party this Saturday. The first one with H as an official resident, and therefore, host. We'll be making our W14-famous canapes and cocktails. Hope you can come!

2. My bike - the cycling weather is (dare I say it) perfect. A cool breeze, a slight nip in the air and not much rain. Long may it continue.

3. Cinnamon porridge with sultanas and brown sugar, made with soy milk. It keeps me going til after lunchtime.

4. The return of my social life. I was purposely 'not around' much in August, choosing instead to fill up my introvert's energy quietly at home. September is still a new term for me, though I left formal education years ago. I still feel the need for new shoes and a pencil case.

Have a gorgeous weekend everyone.

No comments: