Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Singapore Sale

As Singapore's national passtimes are eating and shopping, it's no surprise that a major event in the year's calender is the Great Singapore Sale. It lasts for six weeks, and all shops are kind of obliged to give some kind of discount, even just 10% off their normal prices. It's crazy. There are all these people who have all year to shop (at pretty cheap prices anyway), and they still make a beeline for the malls to buy more stuff! I've met people who tell me they often buy the same item of clothing twice without realising until later that the first piece is in their wardrobe with the label on. Maybe I'm just jealous, but I like to wear my shoes out before buying a new pair, and I only have two pairs of jeans, honestly! Hmm, think I'll be giving the shops a miss this time round, nothing fits me anyway!

No comments: