Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back in Singapore lah

Well, I'm here in Singapore again, less than three months after I left for good! This time it's only for nine days, but there's something odd about returning to an old life so soon after leaving it.

The journey here, via Dubai, was horredous, the worst ever, due to getting some kind of stomach upset and spending the entire journey in the toilet throwing up. I think I even passed out at some point... lovely. I arrived in Dubai looking quite worse for wear I'm sure, and managed to cry at the Emirates guy at the gate. He must have been so shocked to see this pasty-white girl with tears running down her cheeks that he gave me an extra seat so I could lie down for the next stretch.

Today I got out of bed for the first time since arriving really, and went to some meetings feeling ropey.

The only crazy thing was that three people told me I was looking thin!! In the land where I got called 'fat' at least once a week that's no mean feat.

More (more interesting news) to come soon I hope!

No comments: