Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bookmooch

I recently found out about an idea that is so amazingly, incredibly awesome, that I was seriously cross with myself for not thinking of it before. You all know how much I love books… my room is kinda coming down with them and my new bookshelves are already overflowing. So what better than swapping the ones I no longer want to keep, for ones that I want to read! There’s a website called Bookmooch that allows you to do just that. By listing books that you want to give away and then giving them to people who want them, you acquire points, which you can then use to ‘buy’ books from other people’s lists. Imagine the thrill when I swapped an old copy of Alien 3 (don’t ask, from uni days), for a brand-spanking-new copy of Levithian by Paul Auster. Check it out, it will change your life.*

* Ok, it might not actually change your life, just improve it, and you’ll get more post.

No comments: