Monday, May 08, 2006

Over and over

The title of this blog is actually the title of a track by Hot Chip, who I'm loving at the moment. I first saw them in the Square Pie Tent at Glastonbury this year... though Jags did point out that I had my fingers in my ears for the first few minutes until I got 'into' their overexcited style. I remember being transfixed by the small guy in an owl t-shirt whose contribution to the band was to bang a cow bell ...

Anyway, I was gonna blog about how I've been folding paper over and over, not about Hot Chip, even though they're ace and deserve a whole post to themselves.

On Saturday a colleague and I went to Konokuniya, the Japanese bookshop at Takashimaya... it's a geek's paradise, floor upon floor of beautiful books, so I was happy. We ended up buying all this gorgeous origami paper, only to find that the instructions are all weird and we can only remember how to make a crane:


They're beautiful nontheless, and slightly addictive. I've now decided to try to make a collection and string them all together....

No comments: