Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grateful Thursday

Technically I'm cheating, it should be Grateful Friday, everyone knows that, but I guess the rules are there to be broken! I started writing Grateful Friday a few months back to make me stop and think of the good stuff I've been blessed with, even when life gets dull or bleak or boring. It made me see that there is always something, however small to be grateful for...

1. The weather forecast for today and tomorrow says it's going to be sunny. I'm not sure I quite believe it yet, but there's hope on the horizon.

2. The thought of a bank holiday weekend
away with ten of my closest friends. I can't wait! I'm thinking strawberries and cream, a midnight swim and a lot of lying on soft grass with a book.

3. H's new bike! Poor Gladys Pashley (H's fairly new bicycle that smacked of old-school glamour and inspired me to get my new Bobbin), sadly was stolen a few weeks back. Poor H. I almost cried and she wasn't even mine. The period of mourning is over and the time of free-wheeling is here. We're going to collect her new Bronx Vintage really early tomorrow morning and we're going to cycle back via breakfast somewhere in time to start the day.

4. Chorizo and slow-roasted tomatoes - a recently rediscovered recipe. Roast a pack of cherry tomatoes with olive oil, inch slices of red chilli, salt and pepper for 15 minutes. Add thin sliced chorizo and roast for another five and serve with cous-cous or on its own. Delicious if a little spicy.

No comments: