Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Inspiration Number 3 (On a fashiony theme)

I wonder where you are reading this? In the office? Snatching a break from reality at home? Wherever you are hello! I'm typing this sitting al fresco with an americano at cafe around the corner from my 'office' (aka the library). Today the sky is blue, my coffee hot and my creativity stirred from the sites I've just been flicking through. It would be rude not to share so here goes:

  • A Dress A Day - you may have picked up my renewed love for sewing and my weakness for dresses (I also have a weakness for dumplings but that's another post). A Dress a Day belongs to a lovely lady called Erin who has a huge appreciation for Vintage patterns. The site, which has developed a cult following internationally, tracks her love for dresses and her successes and not-so-great attempts at making her own. Very cool.
  • Some Girls Wander - is the sister site of The Black Apple (referenced previously). Some Girls Wander is Emily Martin's 'fashion-y blog'. Her clothes are almost as beautiful as her paintings and I love seeing how she layers and puts together different fabrics. She has a gorgeous figure, but isn't a size 0 and it's great to see how amazing she looks without starving herself half to death.
  • Gala Darling - belongs to a Melbourne based fashion-writer. That IS her real name, and she IS quirky and cool and whacky and all those superlatives rolled into one. Her blog is real-life, she writes about anything, not just fashion, and I guess the combination of shopping, fashion, where she goes on holiday and snapshots into her personal life has led to the site's popularity.
Hope you enjoy. If you read any inspiring fashion sites please leave a comment with the URL, I'm always on the look-out.

No comments: