Thursday, November 03, 2005

Tired :-(

Hmmm. Last night was a write-off. Normally, I’m fab at sleeping, snoozing, drowsing, napping, shutting my eyes, drifting off to wherever, whenever. It’s a rare occasion when I lie awake for longer than ten minutes before succumbing to slumber. I’m sure I’ve slept through storms, car chases, police helicopters, endless arguing neighbours. My sister is the same. We’d probably win a family sleep-off. Anyway, last night was an anomaly.

12.25 got into bed
12.35 turned off light and chucked book on floor
1am still awake
2am get up for a drink
3am read three chapters of ‘The Sea’ by John Banville (v. disappointing use of propositions)
4am still awake
4.15 flatmate gets up to go to Devon. Listen to water in shower.
4.45 think just about get to sleep
5am rudely awaken by phone call wondering if I’m a taxi firm. ‘what?’ I say, before hanging up
6am realise have been awake all night and will have rubbish day as result
6.10 drift off
6.45 alarm goes off
6.46 turn off alarm in horror
7am realise boiler man is coming any minute
7.10am get up
7.35am realise was too excited to sleep all night!
8am hope adrenalin really exists.

No comments: