Friday, November 25, 2005

Weather

Lately I’ve been wandering around wondering whether I’m becoming obsessed with the weather. Whether I’m one of those auld before their time old people who use up to a thousand words a day chatting about the heat, or lack, the rain, or lack. This weekend there was the ‘threat of snow’. Next the BBC weather site reported that the place I was heading to for the weekend had ‘driving sleet’ forecast. Neither prediction came true. It just rained a bit and was so cold my knees wouldn’t bend and my friend Alex had to help me over a fallen tree. Temperature has become a perpetual enemy. Like a temperamental gas fire that needs banging and stroking to get it working, I’m at the mercy of heat, cold hands that turn yellow and lose all feeling, lack of warm socks, too hot legs under thermals. Maybe I should live somewhere where it’s sunny all year round… but there’d be nothing to write about.

No comments: