Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ballet

I finally made it to ballet this week! I just couldn't live without it, my legs were turning into jelly and my back was getting all lazy and rounded. So, with anticipation and a nervous excitement I ventured to Tanjong Pagar to be the new girl in the elementry class at a performing arts school. I love ballet, I can't explain it in words, but something in me is addicted to the combination of beauty and structure that it entails. I'm rubbish, and I'll never be a ballerina, but in pointed feet and graceful arms I've found a home, something to calm and soothe and warm my heart. There were only seven of us in the calm, white studio, an attentive teacher encouraging and faithful to the art that has captured these few girls in a hot city. I'm about 100% happier now, I must be easily pleased :-)

No comments: