Sunday, March 19, 2006

Beijing on foot

Something you learn pretty quickly in China is that a zebra crossing doesn't mean ANYTHING. I can't understand why the government wasted money on white paint when the stripes that are painted so neatly across wide roads don't mean a thing! You pretty much have to pray and run across before a car or taxi runs you over.

I decided to be brave though, and took a walk from my hotel along one of the main roads across the city. Walking west on a Sunny Sunday afternoon I took in some of the sights.

After about ten minutes, the sky was full of kites! Their bright colours stood out against the cornflower blue sky:


They were attached to their owners standing in this park, more like a sculpture garden:


Later this little vehicle caught my eye... it's a disabled person's way of getting around the city.


No comments: