Friday, February 17, 2006

Internet Junkie

Do you find your life incredibly liberated by, yet stupidly restrained by the internet? Take this week, I have a ‘to do’ list that’s a fairly impressive length, and more than half of the stuff on there requires surfing before I can smugly draw a tick in the little box I draw next to each item. It’s not that I mind, in fact I really love looking stuff up online, it avoids travel agents, going to the train station, speaking to real people about my bank account, but it’s also really anti-social. I figure I could spend two evenings this week and still not get all the stuff I want done finished. Hmmm. What to do? I could always get up really early, go to Starbucks and connect to wi-fi and drink cappuccino, but hang on, I’m walking the dog, and if I were to get up any earlier I’m sure my legs and arms will fall off before I even made it into the shower, they’re so heavy early in the morning! Well, maybe I’ll just relax and hang loose and look forward to the weekend in Australia before I tick all the boxes…

No comments: