Friday, February 03, 2006

Walkies

Do you ever find yourself in a comedy situation and wonder how you got there? This seems to happen to me more regularly than I consider funny, but hey, makes life more interesting. I asked myself this exact question this morning as I was dragging a very old dog through a park at 7.30 am. Now, for those of you who know me, even a little bit, you'll know that Jules + early morning = bad idea. Most of my good friends have learned not to even try to engage me in conversation until I've been up for at least three quarters of an hour. I'm grumpy in the morning, I know it and I don't pretend to be otherwise. Also, I don't really like dogs. (I was going to say I 'hate' them, but I think hate is a very strong word. A friend of mine tells her kids to say something isn't their 'cup of tea' as it's more polite... so to clarify, dog's aren't my cuppa of choice.) So when my new neighbour asked if I'd mind walking her old boxer dog while she's on holiday, I said yes. What was I thinking?! I can only assume that the rational part of my brain was otherwise engaged in watching a gekko or something. So, for the next two weeks the girl with clothes hastily thrown on, pulling an old dog through Cheng Seung past the ladies doing tai chi is (unfortunately), me.

No comments: